[zfs-discuss] [gentoo-dev] Change in Gentoo ZFS packaging policy

RB aoz.syn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:32:15 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:26 AM, RB <aoz.syn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Richard Yao <ryao at gentoo.org> wrote:
>> I have had ClusterHQ's partial stable ABI in Gentoo's packaging since
>> December (which helped to shake out bugs) and have just done another
>> update of it with various bug fixes, including many from HEAD.
>
> FYSA, I'm on a ~x86_64 build and just applied your update (on
> gentoo-sources-4.3.3).  Everything is working except for "zfs destroy"
> - getting an out-of-memroy error on attempting to destroy any
> snapshot.  Debugging now, but reporting early and often.

Running sys-fs/zfs-0.6.5.3-r2, sys-fs/zfs-kmod-0.6.5.3-r2,
sys-kernel/spl-0.6.5.3-r1, sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.3.3 and having
rebuilt the initrd (genkernel) after upgrading ZFS, ltrace tells me
'zfs destroy tank at testsnap' (or any other snapshot) is dying out in
zfs_iter_snapspec with status 1 "internal error: out of memory".  I've
not dug through the code there and have other things I must attend to
today, so I'm out for now.

Destroying filesystems works, but not snapshots.  This is an otherwise
clean, fully-updated system with 16GB of memory.  My next step will be
to revert to pre-update kernel and ZFS revisions
(sys-fs/zfs-kmod-0.6.5.3-r1 and sys-fs/zfs-0.6.5.3-r1).