[zfs-discuss] Correct location for kernel modules?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jan 19 07:00:30 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 1:58 AM, John Covici via zfs-discuss <

> John Allen via zfs-discuss <zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org> wrote:
> > My questions are:
> > - which of these directory hierarchies is correct for ZoL in Debian?

@John Allen:
I don't think there's a "standard". modprobe would pick up anything under
/lib/modules/KERNEL_VERSION

For comparison purposes, using dkms way on stretch would put all 8 modules
under /lib/modules/4.3.0-1-amd64/updates/dkms/

> > - why do the 2 approaches (generic DEBs, direct compilation) give
> different
> > results?
> >
> > Thanks for any insights.
>
> I would like to get this going on Debian stretch, could you give me your
> steps?

@John Covici:
John Allen already wrote the howto link for the generic-deb way:
http://zfsonlinux.org/generic-deb.html
Have you tried that?

--
Fajar