[zfs-discuss] Ubuntu questions

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Tue Jan 19 15:00:34 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 11:03:26AM +0000, Kostya Berger via zfs-discuss wrote:

> So, does the CD finally include zfs?? That simplifies it, of course, good
> news indeed!

Xenial will include ZFS, yes. That said, it's unclear if they've got a GRUB
that's new enough to deal with the version of ZFS they ship. Also untouched
anywhere is the notion of including LUKS.

> Fedora CD still doesn't, for all I know. Perhaps because they're pushing
> THEIR OWN btrfs instead, RH influence?

As I understand it, the Red Hat lawyers (which translate directly to Fedora)
recommended against it. We'll see if they change given the shift in market
pressure from Ubuntu including it.

--
 Mason Loring Bliss         mason at blisses.org        http://blisses.org/
"I am a brother of jackals, and a companion of ostriches."  (Job 30 : 29)