[zfs-discuss] Installing ZoL 0.6.5.4 from source on Debian testing (stretch)

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sun Jan 24 17:31:56 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 3:17 AM, Alex 'CAVE' Cernat via zfs-discuss <

> that's why I "hate" zfs & varnish, because by default you need a
> compiler on the production server (which I am totally against, for
> security reasons, but sometimes you need to compromise)

http://zfsonlinux.org/generic-deb.html

For your needs, using kmod might be more suitable. You won't need a
compiler on the target machine.
The downside is that you might need to lock your kernel version (e.g. using
apt-pin or whatever) to the version that your kmod was built against.

--
Fajar