[zfs-discuss] cannot destroy dataset is busy

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 02:34:07 EDT 2016

Thank you all for your feedback, it looks like this is a real problem with many among us users of ZFS on Linux.

In my case I could narrow down that I need to shutdown the Xen virtual machine which was previously using that ZFS volume in order to make the dataset not busy anymore. But this does not make much sense because that particular virtual machine is using a new ZFS volume and not that old one anymore. It looks like some kind of "locks" are not released.

Should we maybe open an issue on github for the ZoL project?

Regards
ML