[zfs-discuss] How is this possible? refered data with no snapshots

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat May 7 07:07:18 EDT 2016

On 7/05/2016 7:55 PM, Gregor Kopka wrote:
> so the dataset isn't mounted.
>
> Maybe mount it somewhere and take a look inside?

Ok, this is weird - I checked it first time around - it had been mounted
for weeks. Directory was empty. I unmounted it today to see if it that
was the problem, but it made no difference.

I remounted it just now as you suggested and there was my 252GB of data
(old VM images). Erased them and I'm back to 46k of referred data, 3TB free.

Thanks and I have no idea why the data didn't show before - I definitely
checked and the dir was empty.

--
Lindsay Mathieson