[zfs-discuss] zfs large pool - many checksum errors, no read or write errors

Uncle Stoatwarbler stoatwblr at gmail.com
Sat May 14 16:51:14 EDT 2016

On 14/05/16 19:00, Gregor Kopka via zfs-discuss wrote:
> Last Supermicro I bought did something similar until I downclocked the
> RAM (which also showed sporadic ECC errors in BIOS when running with
> specified frequencies).

Did you ever run memtest98+ on it?

Did you have edac-utils installed?

This goes for the original poster too.

This _should_ pick up PCI as well as ECC errors

EDAC-UTIL(1)                                                   EDAC
error reporting utility
 EDAC-UTIL(1)

NAME
       edac-util - EDAC error reporting utility.

SYNOPSIS
       edac-util [OPTION]...

DESCRIPTION
       The edac-util program reads information from EDAC (Error
Detection and Correction) drivers in the kernel, using files exported by
these drivers in
       sysfs. With no options, edac-util will report any uncorrected
error (UE) or corrected error (CE) information recorded by EDAC, along
with any DIMM
       label information registered with EDAC.