[zfs-discuss] Testing ZFS with Fedora 24 Beta

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Thu May 19 23:03:00 EDT 2016

On Mon, 16 May 2016, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:

> On 05/14/2016 01:27 PM, Christopher X. Candreva via zfs-discuss wrote:
> > I'm testing out Fedora 24 beat on a system I'm building and thought I would
> > test zfs also, but I don't see a repo for it yet. Is there a way to test ZFS
> > with Fedora 24 beta yet ?
>
> Can you try with https://github.com/Rudd-O/zfs-fedora-installer ?
>
> You should be able to pass --releasever=24.

Ah, I didn't try that, but I got your message after I had my Fedora 24 beta
box running, so I ran zfs-fedora-installer on it. It ran and made an image I
was able to boot from a USB drive.  I had built my machine with LVM boot
drives and a raidz2 storage pool but will likely rebuild root now that I
know the zfs root works so painlessly.

How do kernel upgrades work, is it able to rebuild zfs drivers for the new
kernel before booting that kernel ?

---