[zfs-discuss] how to clear zpool history from useless messages?

Durval Menezes durval.menezes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 06:40:31 EST 2017

Hello Gena,

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 4:24 AM, Gena Makhomed via zfs-discuss <

> Hello, All!
>
> I use snapshot automation tool with zfs,
> snaphots are created and destroyed every hour.
>
> and zpool history grow unlimited in size:
>
> # zpool history -l | wc -l
> 221674
>
> # zpool history -il | wc -l
> 1659875
>
> how to clear zpool history from useless messages
> zfs snapshot / zfs destroy / zfs receive / zfs send ?

As long as I know (and if someone else knows better, please send me a
holler), you don't: zpool history is perennial, and it records (some) stuff
even when you import the pool in read-only mode.

You can always "egrep -v" the output to filter the useless messages, but I
suspect you now that already...

Cheers,
--
   Durval.