[zfs-discuss] 4 way mirror faulting drives

Daniel Bayerdorffer danielb at numberall.com
Thu Dec 7 11:49:05 EST 2017

Hello Everyone,

I have two pools on my server. dpool (for data) and bpool (for backup). The bpool has a 4 way mirror and the dpool is 3 mirrored pairs. They are both on the same HBA controller (LSI 9300-8i, with an internal to external cable for the bpool). I'm replicating snapshots every 15 minutes to the bpool. I'm getting faulted drives several times a day from this. Clearing the bpool was solving the problem, but it's not anymore.

I'm wondering if I've got too much traffic for this controller to handle. If so would getting a seperate HBA for the bpool solve my drive faulting?

Thanks,
Daniel

Daniel Bayerdorffer, VP danielb at numberall.com
Numberall Stamp & Tool Co., Inc. www.numberall.com