[zfs-discuss] 4 way mirror faulting drives

Omen Wild omen at mandarb.com
Thu Dec 7 14:38:00 EST 2017

Quoting Daniel Bayerdorffer via zfs-discuss <zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org> on Thu, Dec 07 11:49:

> I'm wondering if I've got too much traffic for this controller to
> handle. If so would getting a seperate HBA for the bpool solve my drive
> faulting?

I doubt it has to do with the amount of traffic you are passing. We have
a couple dozen LSI cards of various types and never see errors unless the
disks are having issues. Our VM backend (LSI Logic SAS3008) has written
an average of 600 GB/day, and read an average of 1.5 TB a day, for the
last 100 days and there has not been a single error of any sort.

We have a backup server (LSI Logic SAS2008) that has read an average of
2.9 TB/day, and written an average of 984 GB/day, for the last 30 days,
also without a single error.

I would suspect a hardware issue of some sort. Bad RAM, bad cable(s), bad
power supply, bad disk(s), etc.

--
If worst comes to worst, you *CAN* turn most things off.