[zfs-discuss] Incremental snapshot cannot be received "cannot restore to XXXXX: destination already exists"

explosive explosive.tom at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 10:40:56 EST 2017

Thanks Phil, renaming both the source and destination snapshots has made it
work.
Can you explain why I need to rename the snapshot on the usb drive as well?
The tutorials that I found only seem to show the source snapshot being
renamed. (e.g. https://bipedu.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/incremental-backup-
of-freenas-zfs-volume-on-external-drive/)