[zfs-discuss] Incremental snapshot cannot be received "cannot restore to XXXXX: destination already exists"

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Dec 11 16:35:36 EST 2017

On 12/11/2017 03:08 PM, Richard Jahnel wrote:
> Below is a sample of the script that includes automatic snapshot name generation.

I agree that date-based snapshot names are the way to go, as then you
never have to rename anything. And, as was already noted, with snapshot
names fixed, it is easy to find the most recent common snapshot for
increment sends.

My question was for Richard Elling, who suggested NOT using date-based
snapshot names.

--
Richard