[zfs-discuss] Bookmarks in ZFS?

Alexandru Guzu alexguzu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 09:54:30 EST 2017

I never used bookmarks but I don't see what kind of "unpredictable
problems" you would have and why.
As documented, they are useful when sending incremental snapshots in the
case where you might want to destroy the local copy of the last snapshot
sent before performing the next incremental send.

I generally prefer to send snapshots as often as needed so I don't really
have a use for bookmarks, but some cases might have.

Also if you don't have the previous snapshot of the bookmark on any system,
that bookmark is pretty useless

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Ali Hamid via zfs-discuss <