[zfs-discuss] attach 3 disks to same pool

Markus Heckmann markus.21200 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 08:59:14 EST 2017

I have  2 disk mirror like this:
 pool: zpoolhome
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0B in 3h36m with 0 errors on Tue Dec 12 07:46:39 2017
config:

        NAME                                          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zpoolhome                                     ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0                                    ONLINE       0     0     0
            ata-WDC_WD40  ONLINE       0     0     0
            ata-TOSHIBA_DT0          ONLINE       0     0     0

I am wondering if it is ok to connect one more disk
zpool  attach zpoolhome ata-WDC_WD40 ata-TOSHIBA_DT0   ata-NEW-NEW
Do I understand then even if 2 disks fail I will have safety for my data?
Many thanks