[zfs-discuss] ZFS 0.7.4 not mounting on Ubuntu 16.04.3

Bryn Hughes zfs at nashira.ca
Fri Dec 15 18:56:02 EST 2017

While I'm glad that you were able to get this sorted for Scientific
Linux, I don't believe this solution works for Ubuntu 16.04 (which is
the actual title of this thread)... Scientific Linux is an RPM based
distro so there's not much in common.

I just did some testing today and I can reproduce what Nathan was
seeing.  The fix suggested below doesn't appear to work; there is no
zfs-import.target included in the packages on the PPA.  I definitely see
the same behaviour as Nathan - zfs-mount fails with errors around
modules not being loaded (though the modules are included in the
initramfs). After boot up when I log in I see the modules have loaded
successfully, but too late in the process.

Bryn