[zfs-discuss] ZFS 0.7.4 not mounting on Ubuntu 16.04.3

Bryn Hughes zfs at nashira.ca
Sat Dec 16 03:57:01 EST 2017

Yep, I read the instructions you're referencing. Unfortunately they're
for the RPM based distro Scientific Linux, not Ubuntu. Totally different
set of packages, same steps don't work as they're not the same thing.

$ sudo systemctl enable zfs-import.target
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory

There's virtually nothing in /usr/lib/systemd/system/ on a Debian-based
platform, so the second test that was mentioned earlier in the thread
likewise doesn't produce any results.

At present, with the packages built from the PPA listed earlier in the
thread for use on Ubuntu, I get the same problem, there's an error
related to the zfs modules not being loaded. Probably something to do
with the package.

Bryn