[zfs-discuss] Failed to Import Pool via Cache File

Gregor Kopka (@zfs-discuss) zfs-discuss at kopka.net
Mon Dec 18 12:26:32 EST 2017

Most likely the zpool.cache in your initramfs contains pools that are
only available after the system had come up fully (like being on
additional crypted containers).

Solution is to bring the system into a state that it only has the
pool(s) that are available while booting it (so only these are accounted
in /etc/zpool.cache), then update the initramfs with the
/etc/zpool.cache from the running system.

Gregor