[zfs-discuss] Flash to IT mode after build

Audun feitingen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:58:18 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm running my home pool with a LSI9211-8i in IR mode, and the OS has
pretty much direct access to the drives.

Disks show up the same size as in my previous system, smartmontools
works, and I can send commands to the SAS-backplane using this
controller.

I could flash it in IT mode, but it works fine for me the way it is
and I personally don't think there is a difference.

If the drives are the same size, and smartctl -A /dev/your-disk
returns meaningful info it is probably good enough.
--
Best Regards,

Audun Gangsto