[zfs-discuss] RAIDZ-2 disk space

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:08:30 EDT 2018

I have a RAIDZ-2 volume made with 4x480GB SSDs

zpool list show me 1.73GB available space.
AFAIL, zpool doesn't consider the RAIDZ, thus is showing me more or
less 4x480GB as available space.

zfs list is showing 647GB as avail, and 187GB as used, a total of
834GB. this is more or less the real usable space including the parity

Some questions: why linux is seeing dissk as 447GB (based on fdisk
output) and not as 480GB ?
The 647GB available, can be used fully or should I reserve about 20%
for ZFS? (i've read somewhere that is not suggested to fill ZFS
totally)

Thanks in advance.