[zfs-discuss] Stable ZFS releases

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Tue Apr 10 14:40:30 EDT 2018

Hi all,
this recent regression [1] make me wonder what ZoL relase to use for
maximum stability and data safety.

I generally do some in-lab testing of the packaged RHEL/CentOS version
and, if all *seems* to work fine, I push it on production machines. The
key word here is "seems": some bug require extensive testing, and it is
entirely possible that for them to pass my lab testing.

I noticed that Ubuntu and Debian provide the latest 0.6.x release in
their repositories.
What ZoL relase are you running on production machine? Should I restrict
myself to 0.6.x releases?

Thanks.

[1] https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/7401

--