[zfs-discuss] Stable ZFS releases

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Apr 10 18:23:00 EDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 2:05 AM, Colin Ian King via zfs-discuss
<zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org> wrote:
> On 10/04/18 19:52, Ted Cabeen via zfs-discuss wrote:
>> Ubuntu is planning on releasing a 0.7.x module with 18.04 and the
>> 18.04-based HWE kernel for 16.04 later this month.  They had intended to
>> be quicker with ZFS updates on HWE kernels, but it didn't happen for
>> various workload reasons.
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zfs-linux/+bug/1734172
>>
>> --Ted
>
> It is my intention to apply a round of bug fixes from 0.7.5 onwards to
> the 18.04 version in a couple of weeks, and keep it maintained during
> the LTS lifetime.

Awesome!

Some of my systems on 16.04 (with zfs 0.6.x from both normal and hwe
kernels) would simply refuse to do writes to any zfs dataset after
some time, with syslog saying tasks stuck on arc_reclaim and/or
arc_prune, making it unusable. Using zfs 0.7.x from ppa fixed it, but
not ideal.

Having 18.04 with 0.7.5+bugfixes is great.

--
Fajar