[zfs-discuss] ZFS on RAID-5 array

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 15:42:04 EDT 2018

>     Even if the OP controls their FC array, it may not have an option
>     to present each disk separately. And buying new hardware may not
>     be an option.
>

> The OP was asking for pros and cons, which implies that he has a choice.

This leads me to a question - has anyone tried ZFS with NVMeF exposed
drives? There are no volumes in that scenario, it's just a centralised
pool of very fast SSDs with RDMA access, so it should be close to local
PCIe....

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information. Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements Ltd.
29 Clement's Lane, London EC4N 7AE. Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 5300.
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
number: 3727592). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority (entered on the Financial Services Register; no. 190856).