[zfs-discuss] cannot import 'home': I/O error Destroy and re-create the pool from a backup source

Anton Gubar'kov anton.gubarkov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:36:51 EDT 2018

Hi,

My recent backup server freeze ended up with non-importable pool. Since
it's a backup server - I have no further backups - so following the diag
message is not a way for me. I would like to recover this pool as it
contains some valuable data I cannot reproduce ever (video archive).

So my status today is:

root at sysresccd /root % zpool import -N -f  home
cannot import 'home': I/O error
        Destroy and re-create the pool from
        a backup source.

root at sysresccd /root % zpool import -N
   pool: home
     id: 4810743847386909334
  state: ONLINE
 status: One or more devices contains corrupted data.
 action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier.
   see: http://zfsonlinux.org/msg/ZFS-8000-4J
 config:

        home                            ONLINE
          raidz2-0                      ONLINE
            wwn-0x5000c500a41a0a00      ONLINE
            wwn-0x5000c500a41ae340      ONLINE
            wwn-0x5000c500a41b4c57      ONLINE
            wwn-0x5000c500a41b7572      ONLINE
            wwn-0x5000c500a41ba99c      ONLINE
            wwn-0x5000c500a41babe8      ONLINE
        cache
          sdj3
        logs
          wwn-0x30000d1700d9d40f-part2  ONLINE

I tried import -F and import -FX too - no luck :-[
I have reviewed all similar cases that google search returned me. I'm
really confused as I've built the 6-drive raidz2 just for the resiliense
and now I face availability issues.

Can someone experienced provide an advice on recovery?

My ZFS versions:
v0.7.7-r0-gentoo

This is also my root pool, so I can't boot my normal rig and booting the
recovery environment using
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Fearedbliss systemrescuecd
based live system.

Thanks in advance.