[zfs-discuss] cannot import 'home': I/O error Destroy and re-create the pool from a backup source

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Wed Apr 25 10:43:19 EDT 2018

Anton,

"disk vdev '/dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x30000d1700d9d40f-part2': failed to read
label config. Trying again without txg restrictions"

   - The import process is stumbling on the same block device, disk
   wwn-0x30000d1700d9d40f-part2
      - The SAS wwn 0x30000d1700d9d40f, specifically the 0x30000d17 MSB.
      What kind of device is this? A hardware RAID? Virtual disk? Partition?
   - XXXX-part2
      - With whole disk based vdevs ZFS typically use partitions 1 and 9.
      How was this pool built?

It does look like the import process keeps stumbling over that one specific
vdev block device. If it is something other than a standard direct-attached
SATA or SAS disk drive you might be able to solve the issue by addressing
any underlying problems of that block device.

--Jeff

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 8:27 AM, Raghuram Devarakonda <draghuram at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anton,
>
> I recognize the message:
>
> "spa_load_failed(): spa_load(home, config untrusted): FAILED: no valid
> uberblock found"
>
> I got exact same one in my case as well but it did turn out that data
> was indeed corrupt on the device (backed by my own driver). Also, I
> wasn't using RAID-Z.
>
> Did you try Jeff's suggestion of importing with older TXNs?
>
> Good luck,
> Raghu
>

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 6:59 AM, Anton Gubar'kov via zfs-discuss
> <zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org> wrote:
> > I'm also following
> > http://list.zfsonlinux.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2018-April/030934.html
> for
> > a person with similar problems. So I've built the driver and userland
> tools
> > from the branch https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/pull/7459 , set
> > zfs_dbgmsg=1 and tried to import my pool with txg from several snapshots
> > have.
> >
> > I attach the output from /proc/spl/kstat/zfs/dbgmsg. I don't know enough
> > decipher it and I ask for your help.
> >
> > KR
> > Anton.

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite D - San Diego, CA 92117

High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage