[zfs-discuss] cannot import 'home': I/O error Destroy and re-create the pool from a backup source

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Wed Apr 25 13:53:48 EDT 2018

You are running a version with known data corruption issue (0.7.7) I don’t
understand enough about the underlying issue to know if this maybe a
byproduct of the issue.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 12:52 Gordan Bobic via zfs-discuss <

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 6:39 PM, Anton Gubar'kov via zfs-discuss <
> zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org> wrote:
>

>> 2. What is wrong with my set up so that the best self-healing filesystem
>> ends up completely screwed up? I'd like to fix it before rebuilding my pool.
>>

> It's plausible that the data was corrupted in memory, either on the host
> machine or in the disk controller.
> Do you have ECC memory in the machine? Does the disk controller have write
> cache on it?

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite D - San Diego, CA 92117

High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage