[zfs-discuss] Failed to probe /dev/sdX for filesystem type

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Feb 6 00:04:35 EST 2018

On 02/05/2018 09:48 PM, ubuntu serv.user via zfs-discuss wrote:
> I didn't try the workaround because there wasn't an issue from executing
> the command-
> grub-probe /

Do you have files in /dev (directly in /dev, not in the /dev/disk/by-id
subdirectory structure) named:

If not, the workaround of `export ZPOOL_VDEV_NAME_PATH=YES` will almost
certainly fix the issue.

If you do have the entries directly in /dev, it shouldn't be necessary,
but try it anyway. Past that, nothing is jumping out at me.