[zfs-discuss] Which RHEL/CentOS kernels work with kABI-tracking kmod ZFS packages?

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Tue Nov 6 10:17:56 EST 2018

On 06/11/2018 15:04, Pascal Meunier via zfs-discuss wrote:
> On servers that have the kABI-tracking kmod ZFS packages installed, I installed kernel
> 3.10.0-957.el7.x86_64 and rebooted, and then:
>
> # /sbin/modprobe zfs
> modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found.
>
> How can you know without trying a reboot, which kernels will work with a given set of
> kABI-tracking kmod ZFS packages?

Hi, kernel 3.10.0-957 is from RHEL 7.6, which is a new point release.
As you can read here [1], a new 7.6-compatible kmod package will be
release as soon as CentOS 7.6 will be available.

In the meantime, you can use the DKMS module.
Regards.

[1] https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/8090

--
Danti Gionatan