[zfs-discuss] L2ARC question

Edward Ned Harvey (zfsonlinux) zfsonlinux at nedharvey.com
Tue Nov 13 13:31:07 EST 2018

> From: zfs-discuss <zfs-discuss-bounces at list.zfsonlinux.org> On Behalf Of Ali
> Hamid via zfs-discuss
>
> Can you help me,please?
> Do L2ARC is benefit for NAS ZFS server? for situation that download is more
> from upload?
>
> I have 7200 rpm enterprise disks, and I have 1GE network, how many the
> efficacy i must see with L2ARC ?

If you have a NFS server, and the requests from the NFS clients are repeated, sometimes the response will come from L2ARC which is faster. However, you have 1GE which is only as fast as a single disk, so you should probably focus on getting a faster network before you worry about performance optimizing your pool.