[zfs-discuss] "du -ksh ." taking hours to complete

zfs at welison.com zfs at welison.com
Wed Nov 14 19:01:06 EST 2018

   Thank you all for the quick responses!
   Yesterday I installed the latest ZFS, 0.7.12 (spl and zfs) and
upgraded the pool (which did not have anything to upgrade).
   I am trying to follow most of the recommendations and the Metadata
seems to be the way to go. I tried to add two SSDs to be used as
metadata, but I got this error:

zpool add jensen7 metadata mirror wwn-0x5002538e4080adaa
wwn-0x5002538e4085e695
cannot open 'metadata': no such device in /dev
must be a full path or shorthand device name

  * How to add metadata to an existing pool?
  * I have both "primary cache=all" and "secondary cache=all". The
    machine has 128GB of memory, the SSDs are 1TB each. Should I change
    "secondary cache=metadata"?
  * What is "0.8.0-rc2"? The latest beta version?

Thanks,

Welison.